Monday, October 29, 2007

Too much time on my hands right now. I'm filling it, but there's that restlessness I haven't felt in a while. Maybe it's the change of seasons, maybe it's the feeling of being anchored to the house, maybe it's just a general loneliness.

We were supposed to go up to Michigan this weekend. Some of David's friends invited us up for a Halloween party. And we needed it. We've been talking to each other a lot, but we're both aware we miss outside friendships. But I forgot I was enrolled in the motorcycle course for this weekend. Sigh.

But even as I type that I realise we've had more interaction than usual over the last week. Maybe the reminder that there are other people out there has messed up our isolationist satisfaction.

Had dinner with Emily, John & Cat in Harrision on Thursday night and that was refreshing. I haven't laughed so much or felt so into things for a while. Cat left on Friday night & we went to see "Gone, Baby, Gone" which spurred some serious conversation. I can't write about it (simply so I won't spoil its twists), but I'm interested to know what others thought. Pop me a note on email if you want to discuss. The basic question is should he have or shouldn't he have? I think it's a third answer but Dave & I have discussed it to death & I'm interested in other ideas.

Saturday & Sunday I took my Ohio basic motorcycle course. Wow. I went from not knowing how to turn the thing on to being able to swerve, stop, go over obstacles, corner in all sorts of situtations and other such fun. I always wanted to go dirt biking wiht the Lilly boys, but now that I've had the class, I'm kinda glad I learned slowly on a nice flat parking lot. I even got a little yellow disk for being the most improved rider (yes, I did dump the bike on the first day. Oddly, bikes are more like horses than anything else & I jumped off like I'd jump off a horse that was about to roll. Nothing but some bruised shins.). Motorcycle here I come!

Past that, tonight we have free passes to "Wristcutters" at the Esquire in Clifton. I'm just not so sure about this plot line. Hmmm.

Soooo....I was rejected by Starbucks last week. Talk about a downer. I was told I was a bad hiring risk. Hence my deep desire to see my husband and be reminded I am useful and wanted last week. Now I'm searching all sorts of work again. And sort of starting to write a little. Perhaps I shall participate in the "write a novel in a month" November thing.... I think I shall name my protagonist Sylvia.

4 Comments:

At 11:01 PM, Blogger Holly said...

I wonder what God is keeping you free and available for by keeping you unemployed? I can't wait to see :o) Sure to be quite awesome, knowing OUR God.

Wear a helmet! ~Mom

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger The Sasquatch said...

I don't know where you're living, but I've always through this place (http://junglejims.com/) would be a fun place to work.

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger The Sasquatch said...

Pardon me ... "I've always THOUGHT this would be a fun place to work." It's kinda far north.

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Me said...

Holly, you sound just like my husband:) And Mom. And thanks fo rthe encouragement--it's truly appreciated. I have to think this is indeed all for a purpose (and perhaps a good thing for me to have time to adjust to all the... new... in my life. It' sjust a heck of a lot easier to make a budget work when there's money coming in:)

Sasquatch--I'm completely in loave with Jungle Jim's. Dave Dumped me there when he went to get the ring to propose to me (and it was cool before that. Really though, we live to far into the city for it to be practical and I'd probably spend my whole paycheck there on freshly slaughtered fish. And they're not hiring right now:)

Thanks guys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home