Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I saw a woman with triplets in the post office yesterday. May I be blessed, but not that blessed.

This was especially interesting as I hadd juat seen a PBS show about organ stress from foreign objects. Lots of pictures of people's bodies with stuff in them. Stuff included: tumor, washcloth, engorged appendix, single baby, twins, triplets, fat, cysts, one of those twins that gets absorbed into the other and just kinda hangs out internally until someone discovers it as well as violent trauma (a pole, a 4x4, a balloon- partially inflated, I missed how that got in there). And then after-removal shots. I'm a fan of seeing people sitting around without their skin on, but this was a bit wild. All sorts of goofy disfigurements. Most had reshaped to kind what they were like before after six months. Some were still wacky after TWO YEARS! Ew.

We're here. I have renters in Lansing. Temping is ok. I need a job. I like Cincinnati. Got to see Em & John on Saturday, yay!
We're going to a German beer tasting art event at the Taft on Thursday night. Cook out with the neighbors on Saturday. Kings Island on Sunday. That's mostly me on the surfacy stuff.

1 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well by golly, I was just thinking a few minutes ago that there hasn't been a Meg-post in quite a while and suddenly you appear!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home