Friday, September 28, 2007

It's interesting to be looking for a church. Conversation between me and a leader from a church that looked pretty theologically sound on their website, but had kinda a weird statement when I asked how faith played out in their outreach program. That statement prompted this question:

Me: So what do you think is the purpose of the modern church?

Woman: To give people a place where they feel good about their relationship with God.

Me: Oh.

Oye. Well, maybe we just need to plug in somewhere and be the change, but I'm nervous about signing on with thiings as they are.

Puerto Rican Honeymoon in one week!

1 Comments:

At 11:50 PM, Blogger Jeremy Schneider said...

So did you find a church? I don't know but I think it'd be pretty hard to "be the change" if the leadership in a church sees it differently...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home