Wednesday, June 27, 2007

And here it is Tuesday again. Friday I was talking to David and he suggested somethign that woudl involvoe staying up very late. I noed that the woudl be unwise since he had to go to work in the morning. He looked at me quizzically as though perhps I knew somethign about his schedule that he did not and then said simply, "Tomorrow's Saturday." I just have no sense of time at the moment. I just know I do a lot of housework now.

At least it's the good kind of housework-- I have applied paintable wallpaper to the dining room and then painted it an alarming shade of apricot, stained a bookcase, painted the inside of my trunk a pleasant apple green (Ok, so this was an accident and involved $8 worth of hosing down at the local car wash), primed the lovely little bathroom, helped wire the front porch for outlets, helped install a garbage disposal, gone to the hardware store or lumber yard at least once a day and today I shal paint the lovely little bathroom a color known as blue silk (it is a very, very, very pale blue-greyish color). Regardless of whatever else goes on, I still plan to move this weekend, come what may. It' driving me nuts to be without a bunch of the important stuff I figured I'd pick up a week later now that it's been three.


On other fronts, I've had a delightful time with my mother-in-law. She's got all sorts of stories about my husband that I'm not sure even he knew:) It's been a little intense to have five adults, two dogs and a cat in our little house, but I'm an extrovert so it's not a big a deal as it could have been had my introvert husband been home all the time. We had a date night last night (saw 28 Weeks. Ooooo... that's my type of zombie movie. And I think it was a case of the sequel being better than the orginal--many ethical questions to ponder).

Still Sunday was the day of the week that rocked. We visited Crossroads Community Church since we hadn't realized our church switched to a 10am for the summer and needed something later. The worship was a little bit, um, staged and repetative and the pastor was trying a little to hard at first to be cool (I think I take it for granted that pastors won't try to be cool since Riverview pastors seem so comfortable in their own skins and are dorky or cool as themselves), but the message was awesome. It was about desert places.

The image that stuck with me and made me think was that of coming out of the desert place-- most of the time it's not suddenly reaching a movie-style oasis, but hitting the scrub grass, then thicker grasses, scraggly shrubs, eventually seeing a little tree. And sometimes it's not that you can move into that grass, but that over a long, long, time it grows up around you and it's not because you've moved, but God's honored your helpless waiting. Doesn't apply to me at the moment, but to a few that I love. Isn't it strange and amazing that God hears?

That afternoon Larry and Maureen went off to the Taft while David and I took Emily to look at motorcycles, go bowling and eat Arby's down in Fountain Square (the fries were still frozen!). I could look at that fountain all day. Good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home