Thursday, November 30, 2006

Chivalry Lives

I've got the 72 pound lap dog this week. Mostly, it's fabulous, but the non-mostly is getting on my nerves.

Exhibit A:
















Exhibit B:


On the other hand, he's been valiantly defending me from the plumbing (he takes particular umbrage with the rinse cycle of the dishwasher). It's a little unnerving when he barks in the middle of the night at the shower depressurizing, but I admire his guardianship of my slippers and packing tape.

So far, since he's been here, he has eaten:
Two boxes of cereal off the top of the fridge
All the cat food and its container
Two bags of dog treats stored on the top shelf of my coat closet
Three packets of oatmeal
Half a roll of packing tape
Two sponges
A small bottle of shampoo
Three socks (clean)
The bow off my blue slipper (the left one)
A heck of a lot of dog food

I'm special. He doesn't do all this for David.
I still don't want to give him back tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, Blogger Yi said...

Yet he looks so cute and innocent in that second picture, of course ;)

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Sounds like Roxie has a long lost cousin. I feel for you on the doggie of mass distruction...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home