Thursday, October 12, 2006

God's Plan Involving Snow

My cat brought me a roach this evening. Picked it right out of her cat food and brought it over.

I'm pretty rational about most things, but I'm pretty irrational about roaches. I was happy to discover I didn't react as I thought I would (move immediately). Instead, after a bit of horrified shrieking and a few tears I realized I had to solve this one myself. Amy's not here. David's five hours away. Mark moved to California. I'm not about to try to move in with the newlyweds until I can get an exterminator here.

Perhaps God sent the snow just so I wouldn't decide to camp out in the back yard for a few days. It certainly kept me from running out into the yard in my PJs and standing there helpless waiting for rescue.

So I went to Walmart (I needed Zero Frizz--they're the only place I can find that carries it anymore, so it was a two-birds thing) and bought a vertiable arsenal of roach killing products. Tonight I'm going to sleep very uneasily, eat only things kept in the fridge and pray for dawn. Tomorrow, I'm gonna use 'em, pack up the cat and head to Cincinnati. Let's hope for the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home