Sunday, January 15, 2006

Mid-winter Blahs

I just wrote a really great entry that would have led you into the deepest workings of my mind (they're kinda vanilla scented), reviewed two books, talked about my reskinned knees, paint colors, birth control psychosis, chocolate chip raisin cookies, Steve Sommerlot's message, the fact nobody seems to be able to put an exact date on my grandparents' February birthdays, hockey and two year olds.

You would have laughed. You would have cried. You would have felt the need to dance the polka.

But my Microsoft Word crashed. There were no survivors.

So you will be left with nothing more than this:

Cool stepping stones
Give way
To uncut grass

And this:

Beyond a darkened doorway
Light
And possibilities

And this:

Silence
Is the language
Of some hearts

And this:

Streaking colors
Naked sky
Night adjourns

And this:

Lined faces focus
Lined paper accepting ink
Lines written

And finally, this:

Meg's Haiku
Are small
Pieces of poo


And now you are enlighteneder than you were when you were five minutes younger.

2 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not really a big fan of most poetry, it doesn't really fit my style but I love haiku. Well, good haiku anyways. Short, sweet, and I like the little feeling it leaves you.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Meg, Oh how I wish I could have read what you were going to write...but I love what you wrote anyhow. It was meant to be :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home