Thursday, January 12, 2006

Drama Night

There's just soemthing about beign backstage in the night of a performance, hissing at a teenager in four-inch heels "If you walk, open that door, shift your weight or otherwise make that clicking sound again I will drop your grade for this project 10%. Be polite or at least just BE QUIET!" that makes me wonder if I'm really such a nice lady after all. It still surpises me that they don't process that standing in the dark where they are blind to the audience does not make the audience deaf to them.

But really it went rather well. Four performances, under an hour, some seroiusly screwed up lines but some great saves and one trio just nailed it. Love my job.

Exams are here. I shall spend next week's afternoons speedreading in-class essays and hopefully utilizing the scantron (I think Drama and Theatre Production are getting a fair amount of scantron T/F and multiple choice this term. They'll be happy and I won't have to wonder why they still try the little TF symbol. You know--the one that could be either but your teachers decided was neither back in fourth grade. Yeah, one always tries. But I don't have to give him or her credit for it.)

I think I'm going in at four tomorrow to enter grades and catch up. Thank heavens I only do that a couple of times a term. But that means it's beddy-bye time. Wonder if the fuzzy little nocturnal creature is ready to turn in or if I should warm up the gel footwarmer thingies..... hm... 'night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home