Thursday, September 01, 2005

Order of the Day

So I'm reading Slate and I come across an article that asks the age-old question Should men see their wives give birth? The idea was that men may no longer be sexually attracted to their wives after watching them push a bloody bundle of joy the size of a watermelon out of their, um, you know.

I have to say this has never occured to me but seems like a reasonable issue for a man to have. The miracle of birth may be a beautiful thing, but more in a philisophical sense than literal.
The question in my mind is what woman really wants her guy down there staring when he could be speaking soothingly in her ear, feeding her ice and being generally emotionally useful. He's already expended his full measure of usefulness in the process below the waistline.

Past that, today a student walked backward into my toe and removed my toenail. Ow. It hurts. I resisted swearing.

Also did a superfun hangout/makeover time with Sally and then a mini one across the street. i need to make time to connect with people. Really I do.

2 Comments:

At 7:47 AM, Blogger Mike said...

A good husband will be there because he is in fact just that, a good husband. Perhaps it is a less than flattering experience, but out of support and wanting to be one of the first to greet your own flesh and blood, they should be there. Not attractive? They should get over it, the whole reason you choose someone is because you can see through the bad to the good.

Now, I have already been told I will be threatened and blamed for all the pain she is going through... Which I told her I'll tolerate but is completly ludacris, I mean seriously, Eve ate the fruit too.

Sorry 'bout your toe, that sucks.

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Yi said...

Blowing a kiss to your wounded toe. Poor toe, and poor Meg, hope both of you are doing better :)

I have to think about the childbirth thing... Just seems so far away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home