Saturday, August 27, 2005

Soulmates

Hmmm.... do I believe in such a thing?
I don't think so. It seems there are people who just kinda magically connect, but I don't think that's the way it works for everyone.
Someone recently told me the longer it takes for you to "know" that someone is right for you the more problems there will be long term. I think I can get on board with that. Things stay simpler if they start with a pretty good base of simple, right?
I don't know.
I think I believe people can find people who they "click" well with who also are at the same place, like similar things, think kinda alike and are ready to fall in love and make commitments at the same time and all this is under God's general plan, but to think there is just one person out there whom I may or may not meet based on sin, personal growth and the time/space continum is a little much for me.
Yet so many people seem to beleive just that. How about you? Do you believe in the concept of soulmates? Why or why not?

1 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, Blogger Stella said...

I just googled “ yoda magnetic poetry” and hit on your blog. Pleased to meet you, my name is Karen and I want to be a police woman when I grow up. I am 33 and not sure if that will ever happen!
I don’t know if I believe in soul mates. I mean, are a man & woman really supposed to be together forever? I thank that you attract people into your life when you are most likely to need them. I don’t believe in one man and one woman forever. I think throughout life you will have partners that bring you lessons about life. I suppose if you can constantly learn from one person, then that works. I see old couples who have been married forever and I think it’s great for them that they have that. But I just don’t know if that’s for me. I picture myself more like Dorothy from the Golden Girls. I have the super sluty friend, the dumb friend, and a really annoying mother. One day we will all live together and met Sonny Bono. Only for me it’s Jason Priestly. Sorry, this new 90120 is bring up a lot of old feelings for him!
Anyway, I love happy meals, too. I am now going to bookmark your blog and read it now & again. Is that ok?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home