Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Facebook



I'm a pretty secure person. Not much really makes me nervous these days, much less full-fledgedly insecure, and it doesn't really bother me if I'm left out of a group because there are so many places I fit. And I have never felt old in a negative way.
So imagine my surprise when I found myself actually really, really insecure, feeling ugly, old and out of it after visiting Facebook.
I'd heard a lot about Facebook and actually did the little sign-in-for-an-account-thing a few days ago but only found time to look around last night. Nearly everyone was under twenty-five, freakin' hot or both. I did not know a single person on there to poke (whatever that is, but it looks like fun and is reserved for those elite young, beautiful people who do know other young, beautiful people on the site.). I should rephrase that, I did know people on the site, but not a single one who was not a former or present student. Not even in the Riverview or Campus Crusade groups.
Wah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home