Sunday, August 28, 2005

Happy Meals

Happy Meals make me happy. When I was out west with my parents we ended up at Micky D's before our float trip (this is floating down a river in an innertube completely clothed. A truly fine way to see Idaho). I toodled off to the bathroom after asking Mom to order me a cheeseburger happy meal with orange drink. She did as requested but giggled when I pulled out and assembled the toy.

Now you have to understand, I'm not in it for the toy. I give those away or leave them places small-to-medium children might find them. What I want is a way to avoid ordering off the dollar menu. For $3.17 I can have a small fry, cheeseburger, kid-size orange drink and a toy. For $3.29 I can have a medium fry, double cheeseburger and small drink (but I really prefer water so it's only $2.11 for the medium fry and dbl. cheeseburger). If I were a 120 lb. high school hottie who played volleyball three times a week it would be one thing (and I'd go economical). As a nearly 30 year-old who battles with her waistline and hates running, the happy meal is the way to go, dime be damned.

Besides, who doesn't like a toy surprise?

2 Comments:

At 8:18 PM, Blogger Yi said...

Or you can always give the toys to big kids as well :)

 
At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhh! Meg, I dig your blog. I used to get Happy Meals until I looked at the meat. Let's just say now I order a Fish sandwich (no tarter sauce) and a yogurt parfait. But I miss the fries...and the cheeseburger. Why am I so damn picky!
~Holly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home