Monday, September 12, 2005

Me, Tea and the HRC

I am a self-proclaimed tea loather. Not lover, loather.
However, it was pointed out to me by a former student and constant visitor that I was quite happily drinking tea most of last winter when I couldn't do without a hot beverage (it was 60 in my classroom) and needed to reduce my caffeine intake before my students started rumors that I was on speed.

Second item of the day: The HRC needs a new advisor. The HRC is the Human Rights Club at school. Another former student asked me to consider advising. So here's the question--can I be completely onboard as an advisor with their agenda when it opposes my personal beliefs? And should I do it considering my sad failure at mastering the fine art of time travel and I lack the ability to adjust the space-time continuum to my liking? Besides, it's one more set of hours I'd be giving the school for free. And I have little enough non-work time as is.

Sheesh, I think in run-on sentences.

So what do I think is really going on here? I think I'm learning a little bit more about the part of my faith that requires me to think through what I think I like and what I really like, what I think I can do and what I do (and can do), what I am required to do because of the "for such a time as this" thingy and what is just my own messy legalism.

Sigh. Human skin is thin.

1 Comments:

At 7:18 AM, Blogger Yi said...

Hmmm, tea. I love tea :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home