Thursday, September 08, 2005

Delovely

Ok, so I’ve been noticing I’ve been a little down in my posts of late. I will strive to note a few of the things that have delighted me lately in this one.

So I was eating lunch at the guy/math table earlier this week. I had a lovely little cup of strawberry yogurt. An intern sat down, opened up a QUART of strawberry yogurt and stuck in a spoon. Before I could stop myself, “My yogurt is afraid of your yogurt!” popped out of my mouth. I thought it was kinda funny, the math guys all just looked at me. You can’t make jokes about yogurt bullies with the math department. Just doesn’t work. But it was a delightful idea in my head!

I have wanted for a very long time to live in a house with a Japanese maple. I now live in a house with a Japanese maple. And it’s my house!

We were doing silent reading on Tuesday in class. I decided to read with them, so I picked up a Garrison Keeler book. Pretty soon I was cracking up all over the place. Slowly the kids started sneaking looks at me—I was getting all red and blotchy. They started cracking up. The teacher was being noisy during silent reading! I don’t know when I’ve laughed like that in public over a book in a long time….

I’ve been rolling sushi lately. I had a suite mate who was Japanese when I lived in the dorms and she did sushi a lot (it never involved raw fish then). Then Meijer started carrying what I now know to be severely inferior sushi. Then I visited an all you can eat sushi bar with my brother out in Cali a year or so ago. Then we had some over at that place in the Hannah Plaza when he was out here in July. It was only a matter of time before I started making my own. And now it’s happened. I make dang good sushi!

Last night we (in the bible study) looked at time use and priorities. I’ve been asking God about that a lot lately. One of my colleagues is headed to New Orleans in a few weeks. I want to do that sort of thing. Instead, I do what work is set for me here. I don’t think that I choose to do bad things with my time for the most part, but there are so many good things to do with my time….well, it’s hard to choose. Perhaps more on that happy conundrum later.

2 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Blogger Yi said...

Lovely post :)

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Eh, leave the math bullies to their own devices... Their sense of humor is obviously inferior to not appreciate a good yogurt joke :-)

Keep rockin on during silent reading, its what spereates the cool teachers from the Math bullies :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home