Monday, September 05, 2005

A Labor Day

I love waking up with my kitten cat cuddled into my armpit or the curve where my neck meets my shoulder. It is simply good.

On the other side of things, I am afraid of very few things, but those few things have appeared in my nightmares vividly these past few nights. I'm not sure what's up, but I hope it gets un-up in the very near future.

Oddly, the disturbing dreams have not affected the quality of my sleep. Hmmm.

I've been wanting to take a pottery class for about a year now but finances or time have gotten in the way. So I've finally decided I'll just do it, regardless of the consequences. Let's face it, I'm at a loss for personal creative outlets. There's no way I can audition and be in a show while building for Oklahoma! and I don't want to watercolor. Housework doesn't do it for me, nor yardwork.

So here's the question, do I sign up at Reach Studios on Washigton Ave (nearly walkable from my house) and pay $65 for four sessions + $? materials and do 6:30 to 8:30 every Tuesday in October or do I drive to Haslett, pay $200 for ten sessions, all inclusive (50lbs. of clay, glaze and firing) from 7pm-10pm every Monday Sept 26- Nov. 28?

Dang it. I wish the programs were more comparable. I'll never make it to QL discussion group if I do Reach. I may have a very difficult Tuesday if I do Potter's Guild. Feel free to offer opinions if you care or company if you'd join me for one or the other.

Anyway, I've started using the "next" button and reading random blogs. It's a little creepy but interesting--hey, people put them out there to be read, right? And I've appreciated the random comments left by surfers. I've been working my way through Noel's list in reverse alphabetical order and am up to the Js. There are a couple that I'd become a regular reader of if I didn't feel so stalkerish doing it.

Blogs are weird. I'm going to get dressed and go buy yard care crap. So there. Bleh!

2 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Blogger Mike said...

If you took the one in Haslett we could talk Diana into taking it with you. I've been begging her to find something to do to just have fun that is not in the APT.

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Me said...

Mikey, I would love to bond with Di if she's interested--please mention it to her!
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home