Saturday, September 10, 2005

Conflict

My head and heart are heavy. I’ve got that general feeling of unease that comes with conflict. And I am conflicted.

So.

MSU isn’t giving me my degree at the moment. I’m concerned that they won’t. But I’m sure I did everything I was supposed to. Way back in December I started this process and went through their protocols. I specifically asked about the one part I thought was iffy. I got a signature.

Had I been advised that they didn’t like three of my credits, I would have made other plans. As I was led to believe I was OK, I considered it all good.

I am not the best student. School takes a third after family/god life and work. But I’m good. I do what needs to be done and try my best to get what I need out of it. I’m grateful to the profs who have provided me with what I’ve needed and who have delivered what they thought I needed. I think rules are there for a reason and are generally fair and good. I think this time they are not used well and are about to penalize me for parts of the system that failed me.

I don’t pretend that my education as an educator is over. In fact I’m pretty sure I’ll be taking classes in Ontario to perfect my theatre curriculum next year. But I am finished with this degree. And I want that piece of paper.

Please pray for peace, wisdom and a speedy resolution. That I would be articulate and respectfully bold. That I would be able to accept any outcome without bitterness and woudl pursue this to the end.

2 Comments:

At 9:34 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Stand your ground Meg, if you have a signature that you where all set, I don't see how they can change their mind. I'm not saying thatI don't see how they wouldn't...

I seriously have issues with institutions of higher learning, because most of the time they are packed full of idiots running the joint.

BUT, before I risk tossing gas onto a fire, I won't rave with you just offer support... Go git'um Meg, we are praying for and with you.

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Brandi said...

praying

 

Post a Comment

<< Home