Thursday, August 25, 2005

Sooo tired....

Conversation between myself and a person who shall remain unnamed:
Person: Hey, how's it going?
Me (out loud)(kindly): Fine. What's up?
Me (in my head, sighingly): How long is this going to take?
Person: Nothing much, just seeing how the room was coming and spreading the joy of academic achievement--we made safe harbor in reading this year ya know? (yes, this is really the response)
Me (OL)(with raised eybrows): That's good.
Me (IMH, rationally): I don't believe in standardized testing as an indicator of a school's success and don't really want to tell you that or this will be a very long conversation.
Person: So just coming around to say good work and inspire you in the great job you're doing.
Me (OL): Thanks.
Me (IMH): I DON'T NEED TO BE INSPIRED, I NEED TIME TO SORT THROUGH MY MAGNETIC POETRY AND REMOVE WORDS LIKE "tickle" and "pickle" and "grope" BECAUSE I HAVE SOPHMORES ARRIVING IN THREE DAYS !!!!!!

Current Mood:
determined

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home