Sunday, June 22, 2008

I think I handle transitions pretty well. I don't freak (much). I tend to be proactive. I do a reasonable job of keeping my mouth shut when things are going less than swimmingly until they're on an upturn or someone can actually do something besides listen to me complain.

I've decided marriage has made me lazy. I can always come home to my best friend. I've also got the still kinda new duties of wifedom upon me. These two together quite effectively circumvent my (until now) rather effective method of meeting people by just tossing myself headlong into community activities until something clicks.

So this is the conversation over the last year between me & God.

Me: Can I have a girlfriend now?

God: Wait

Me (while trying to volunteer at the local church association that won't let me volunteer because I live int hte community. D.U.M.B.): Can I have a girlfriend here?
God: Nope. Wait.

Me (while returning a vase to Macy's, meeting a cool gal and being offered her number for dinner sometime): This one?
God: Um, no.
Me: So I should just....
God: Yup. Wait.

Me (while trying to join BSF): Maybe here?
God: I'm thinkin' not.

Me (while trying out the various bible studies at church): C'mon, it's church dang it!
God: Ok, try it, but I'm just sayin'...

Me: That sucked.
God: Yup. Wait.

Me: ARGH!!!!!
God: Ok, I don't think you're getting this. W-A-I-T. You've got Facebook and a husband.

Me: Ok. Can I at leas ttake the pottery class?
God: How about in November?
Me: sigh. Ok.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home