Thursday, November 29, 2007

I Never Got Sick Like This When I Was Teaching

Truth. I'm not even lying.

Happy Thanksgiving y'all! I hope the turkey day was bright and shiny and reminded each of all he or she has been blessed with.

As for us, we managed to get into NYC by 6pm, goof off with the inlaws for a bit and still settle in for a good night's sleep. Elissa put on a great feast on Friday and we took his youngest sister in to Chinatown on Saturday (had a heck of a time getting back). Brunch on Sunday and it was time to go home. Quick, easy trip. Except for the sick part.

I have never been in NYC without being sick. From a mission trip in high school in the middle of summer while I had a sinus infection (not so bad), to the year Em & I went to Times Square with friends (very bad--I had to try to clean up their entire bathroom at 3am without waking anyone), I have been sick, sick, sick.

This time around I started to feel ill on Thrusday, but managed to fake it until we were in the car on the way home Sunday. There's nothing quite like being out with your sister-in-law and her cool friends doing cool stuff and feeling like elves are doing the samba in your throat. No more babysitting for sick kids for me! No sirry-bob.

But now I am better. My husband said that on Monday and Tuesday I looked like I was considering just maybe crawling into a corner to curl up and die, but now I'm just pale and shaky.

That said I have to say it's way cooler to have a David than my parents around when I'm sick. My parents were always the type to give me some pills and leave me on the couch to get better with as little other contact as possible. Sick kids did get full control of the remote.

David's all like "what can I get you?" and "do you need me to take you to ready care?" and "I can clean that up for you." and "Don't cry honey, you're going to feel all right again soon." Dang, I married a great guy. He even went to the store yesterday at 7am to buy saltines and gatorade before he left for work.

Ok that's the end of my non-story. Off to find my cellphone charger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home