Monday, July 09, 2007

I....am....wiped....out....

We moved most of me this weekend. I still have a free queen size bed up for grabs. I'm going to hate turning it over to a landfill next weekend-- it's only 1.5 years old, very comfortable and was used by a single woman.

Move went mostly well.

Snapshot:

David and Meg have sucessfully unloaded the credenza, freezer, couch, twin bed and other assorted crap while still remaining married. As we look in on out heros, we see them struggling to get her 6'3" dresser up their tiny stairway:

David: LIft!
Meg:I AM LIFTING!
D: Lift (grunt) More!
M: (thorough gritted teeth) Quit... taking... the steps... two at a time, (in a low pained grumble, crescendoing on the word "fingers")you aRE SQUISHING MY FINGERS!
D: Sorry. (sounding insincere) I'm tall.
M: I'm tall -ish (Indistinct grunt) and I need my fingers.
(Dog pushes by)
Together: GRAYSON!
D:This is... not... a good time... dog.
M: Not... a... good... time.
D: Where are the drawers for this?
M: PUSH! (Eurgh.) Ummmm, don't know.
D: Lansing? (Umph.)
M: If so,(Huhueheha) I don't need them.

You need to understand, the stairway is a good 30 inches wide with a 26 in door. It goes up 13 feet in approximately 10ft. Stairs are 7 inches wide. Go measure your doors. Go measure your stairs. Pray for us.

Now I need to go put on gross clothes and finish unloading the truck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home