Monday, October 09, 2006

Many, Many Things Before The Snow Comes

Mmm. So many good things this last few weeks.

As many have pointed out, the Jenny/Pete Wedding was every bit as elegant and fun as expected (Jenny does have a knack for these things).
Two of my favorite moments: When Jenny walked in, Pete mouthed "oh yeah" (I'm pretty sure it was unconcious) and just glowed down the aisle at her. I almost caught that moment on film, but I'll post the moment after.
The second moment was at the reception--Pete was doing his usual absent-minded, semi-weird-place-to-touch-Jenny-thing on the top seam on the back of Jenny's gorgeous dress and she was sort of twitching a bit (I'm betting it half tickled, half itched). Then she broke eye contact and looked up at him, broke into a huge smile and sort of leaned into his shoulder.

Yeah, they'll make it just fine.

Past that, this weekend was David's birthday and one year of us reconnecting and dating. We were planning to go to Cedar Point, but since Divideds Day with P&G was just a few weeks ago, we decided to do Cincinnati instead. The city has sooooooooo much to offer. We ended up goofing off looking at furniture most of Saturday (Yikes! I have a say in major purchses! This is COOL! And majorly freeeeeeeeeaks me out!) then went down the the river for a festival.

I really liked Old Crowe Medicine Show (I think their CD is on my buy list--to giv eyou an idea of sound, they have played with Gillian Welch and on the Prairie Home Companion) and was amibivilant about Madeski Martin and Wood. I also discovered I like Wilco much better in concert than recorded. An added bonus was that David got the chorus from "I'm The Man Who Loves You" stuck in his head and sung it to me all day Sunday. Who doesn't like that?

The great meal of the weekend was at a local restaurant named "Honey" that's rated in Cincinnati's top ten places for brunch (he actually has two of the top ten within walking distance of his house) and had this incredible honey-laced polenta with berry compote. I'm amazed. Anybody know how to make polenta?

1 Comments:

At 1:48 AM, Blogger The Sasquatch said...

That's it. You'll have to move to Cincinnati now. just do yourself a favor and stay away from I-75 at GE during rush hour and you'll be fine

 

Post a Comment

<< Home