Tuesday, October 03, 2006

A Useless Musing

I had a jelly donut today. I really didn't want the donut, but I wanted the red filling. If I had had a spoon I probably woun't have eaten the donut, I would have just scooped out the red gel.

I like the red gel that much.

Is red a recognized flavor?

I kinda think it is. How many of you knew exactly the taste I was describing when I said "red". 'Cause it's not really cherry or strawberry or raspberry or pomegrante or whatever other red fruit. Kinda like trying to classify Prince. He's not actaully a prince or even very prince-y. And sometimes he's not even Prince. He's The Artist Formerly Known As Prince. It's just the flavor informally known as red.

It really seems like it should work. Heck, an orange is orange and tastes like an orange, at least in English. I remember asking for a vodka and orange drink in Spain and I used the word anaranjado instead of naranja; all I got was a weird look. I ended up with a vodka and lemon instead.

Adding to this important issue, we have the Eddie Bauer colors. Things aren't green or purple, they are dark pepper and eggplant. Why shouldn't I start calling green peppers greens? Then again, now that I think about it we do call general rabbit food "greens". Never mind.

So it turns out I'm Cheer Bear.

Cheer Bear
You're the Care Bear cheerleader! Your spunky personality and optimisim lifts everyone's spirit. Though you want everyone to be happy, you stand your ground on issues you feel strongly about and this can bring disunity among your friends. Despite this, you are a true believer in working together.



I'm in a much better mood than yesterday.

3 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Blogger Yi said...

I am the Friend Bear :)

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Phoenix Rising said...

meg,

wanted to let you know...we're having a lost premiere party tonight. festivities start at 8 with gluten free pizza and the last episode...then the premiere starts at nine with steve's famous popcorn. if you're interested, come on over.

cheers~kim

 
At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I think he changed his name back to Prince, but I might be wrong.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home