Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Me be home

Whew! So I’ve been a (continuingly) very busy girl. I apologize to those I’ve frustrated by not answering my phone this weekend (I left the charger at home). I was in Oceanside, CA with David for his college roommate’s wedding. How close were they really you ask? Well, one guy introduced himself and then said they always referred to Dave as Rudi’s first wife they lived together so long. It was wonderful and beautiful and very hard to come back and I feel like it’s only 7am although it’s really ten which means it feels like I got up at two and I’ll post pictures later.

What else have I been up to? Let’s see:

*The rental car smelled just like concord grapes.
*We saw whales and dolphins and garibaldi and sea lions and surfers…
*We went kayaking and kayaked into a cave.
*The wedding was tiny and very nice. Less than 40 people were there total.
*Torrey Pines is an excellent preserve.
*The Longboarder in Oceanside has excellent breakfasts and Pizza Port in Carlsbad has excellent pizza and beer and if I like the beer then you know it has to be good!
*CB is playing this weekend and David is planning to come up so look for us at church on Sunday and at the play Saturday night.
*All the flowers are blooming in my yard! But I must mow what’s left of the grass. Or we shall be fined.
*I am now excited about all the weddings coming along. I want to find unique, pretty and meaningful gifts for couples! I want to shop! (This is highly unusual. Mark it on your calendars).
*Some days the only reason I can get myself to go to Meijers is the promise of a mini-cherry pie from the Grand Traverse Pie Company.
*I had a birthday. I am 30 which feels a lot like 29 and I suppose will feel like 31 eventually. I was in Cincinnati with David and we had a delightful dinner out and a hail storm and he signed on his house. Then I met his parents the next day. They were nice.
*Easter was fun, I was down in Cincinnati with the extended family. David’s dad had a heart thing and he went into the hospital (he’s ok) and so the larger family did not meet him. Sigh. It would have been so convenient.

And now I am home and tired and must prepare for 4th-6th hour:)

1 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Blogger Lady Lilly said...

Welcome back! Glad the trip was such a sucess. I look forward to seeing the pictures I know you have.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home