Thursday, March 02, 2006

As I got out of the shower at 5:21 I started to feel intensely jealous of Joey. At 5:38 as I finished applying gunk to my hair,I considered calling to congratulate him.

His superintendent called off school because of the ice storm before mine did. But hey, it's done. I'm a happy camper.

This is such a blessing and comes at such a perfect time. The play is three weekends away and the choir festival was going to be in the way of me teaching today (hmm. I wondeer how all the choir folk are doing.). And I won't even lose a day of tech b/c it had been moved for the fest.

Amy can attest to the fact that I've been running ragged lately. But she's also lived with me long enough to be able to remind me that it goes in cycles. I'll be over committed until May, then I'll be at a reasonable level until June at which point I'll be so undercommitted it'll be funny. I'll spend the summer swinging back and forth between doing interesting things in small spurts and trying not to commit to long-term activities that I can't sustain once October gets here.

I will finish all my essays today. I will grade the short scenes. I will organize my bills. I will prepare meals. I will simply sit and have a long quiet time and pray then I will nap with my cat. I haven't had a day that's really off in what seems like a really long time...it will be so good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home