Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Gee golly and thanks y'all for playing:) I suppose the stealthy 2000th one was just too sneaky-sneaky for me (Mild alliteration Meg? Yes, but bear with me, I'm an English teacher in the middle of exams).

Info I keep meaning to post but haven't gotten to:

The memorial dinner for the memorial fund for the students who died & whatever else it's going to provide for the community is tonight at the high school from 6-9pm, $5 per plate. I guess there's also something about a silent auction and baked goods, but I'm not really sure what that's about.

Ironically, I will not be in attendance--the retirement dinner is also tonight and i paid my $25 a while ago.

Last funny thing of the day, with the purpose of creating a good-humored smirk:

I asked one of my tenth graders for a simile, she wrote:

"Way up in the sky are stars; balls of gas burning like the sun."

Somebody's not paying attention in science class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home