Thursday, November 10, 2005

Almost Time for a Weakend....

...Meg to collapse and sleep for a thousand years until a prince comes and chops down the large thorny hedge, battles the dragon and kisses her back from a death-like sleep.

Oh, wait, that's the Disney Sleeping Beauty. We cannot be confused at this point.

I do not sleep much right now and therefore neither am I managing much in the beauty department. One of my students compared me to a character from The Exorcist ( she was joking; I was making a scary face while all dressed in black and encouraging a bunch of actors to be quiet backstage. But I do have some serious stress skin issues and dark circles going).

Tuesday was the worst of it. I got to school at 6:30, taught all day, then rehearsed until 11:30ish. Finally got out of there at twelve. Got home about twenty minutes later and stuck an eggroll in the microwave. Had so much glue on me I had to shower. Showered and then was too sleepy to stay up and properly eat the eggroll, so I took it to bed with me and ate it while I set my alarms. I was aware enough to know that it's pretty weird to eat an eggroll in bed, but I was just so happy to have food and be home I just chowed and hoped I finished swallowing before I fell asleep.

Wednesday morning after the storm the power was out in Holt. School was cancelled. Now I had overslept and not made it in to Menard's until 6:10, so when I arrived at seven and discovered there was no power, well, my main concern was that the coffee maker wasn't going to work. And I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeded coffee. One of the moms dropping a kid off handed me an extra she was holding. I will be forever grateful for that warm cuppa joe. If she ever needs a kidney, I'm there.

Anyway, Holt High School had the day off, I worked seven to seven. I'd be bitter, but I managed to doze off while I wasn't needed in the seats during part of the first act.

As for Tom, he's in Germany. That's all they're telling me.

As for Gram, she's home and herself.

As for everything else, I think it's going pretty well. But I will not be part of doing rehearsals like this next year.

As for the girl-power Slate article I linked to, the reason I said she needed an online dating experience was that often that kind of complete stranger will make you aware that the things you think are wrong with you are not the same things that they think are wrong with you. It's an enlightening experience.

On other subjects, somewhere in the past week while I was dashing about purchasing props, I picked up The WORST-CASE SCENARIO Survival Card Game. Strangely, most of it is not new information. Some of my favorite scenarios that I have been a part of or guessed correctly include:
How to follow up on a superficial head wound (thank you Emily)
How to open most locked interior doors (thank you Tom)
How to dress for a sandstorm (it ain't in heels and pearls)
How to prevent intruders from entering your hotel room while you sleep (thank you random thief in Zanzibar)
How to tip for restaurant service in Germany (thanks team)
How to walk through bear country (thank you posted sign in the Idaho rest stop)

Unfortunately, I did not know how to avoid a bar fight in Australia or how to safely ride an elevator. I have actually done one of those last two unsafely. Your guess which.

1 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Blogger The Sasquatch said...

"How to dress for a sandstorm (it ain't in heels and pearls)"

That sounds like the title of a really good book! You should write it, just as soon as you get some time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home