Monday, October 31, 2005

A Little Stressed

Ok, I have a little stress in my life. I'm interested in creative solutions that do not require more exertion to accomplish or cause me to lose my job.

Items are as follows:
  • Brother broken in snowboarding accident. Seems to be doing well with foreign doctors in foreign land.
  • Grandmother is hospitalized. Does have feeling her toes again, another blessing.
  • Grades are due tomorrow at noon. I have a crapload of grading tonight.
  • Parent/Teacher conferences this week, not fun, but productive and always interesting.
  • Tree has not been delivered for Oklahoma! Not sure how to fix that. Anybody got a chain saw?
  • Cat had fleas. House had fleas. I think fleas are gone, but am unsure.
  • Dental issues but no time to go to dentist this week
  • Very stuffy nose and sore throat, brand new today. Might have something to do with the bit of onion burger I inhaled while laughing last night.

Ok, prayers appreciated. Advice welcomed should it be useful advice.

4 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Blogger The Sasquatch said...

Creative Solutions to make you feel better taken in order of the things listed on your post:

1) As long as your brother is not in a French hospital, he should be ok. If is IS in a French Hospital, the only thing you can do is pray to God that he gets out as soon as possible. Tell him to sacrifice the broken body parts if necessary.

2) If grandma is in the hospital, there is little chance she will get hurt worse. Tell her to play "This little piggy went to market" if boredom takes over. Praise God for the blessings.

3) Give everybody random grades between D- and C+. When they complain later, change the grade and say, "Whoops. I made a mistake! Sorry."

4) Every time a parent complains about how you treat their kids, say "if you think that is bad, you should see what I do to the kids I keep locked in the basement at home!" (my sister is a teacher and this is her preferred method. It works like a charm).

5) Take a picture of a tree and have it blown up to actual size at Kinkos.

6) Throw uncooked meat in the middle of the living room. If flies do not congreate on said meat within 5 minutes, hooray! Cook steak.

7) Just wear plastic vampire teeth and claim that you accidentally glued them to your real teeth at a wild Halloween party last weekend.

8) That tends to happen with burgers that get stuck in your sinus cavity. Next time, try eating it instead.

Hope this helped. And remember this was all tongue in cheek. So don't be afraid!

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Al said...

I was going to leave advice, but then I get this feeling that somehow, my advice would be categorized as "unuseful". I don't know why, it would be very practical.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Me said...

Al, I'd love to hear the unuseful advice. Though I'll admit some trepidation about it.

Joe, they were fleas, not flies. Takes longer for them to get there. But I may use the vampire idea.

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Brandi said...

I've no useful advice to give, and definitely none as creative as the sasquatch, but I'll be praying.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home