Monday, August 28, 2006

Insomnia

If there is one thing I do well it is sleep. I cna sleep on airplanes. In crowded airports slumped over my bag. In public parks. On a couch. Not on a couch. You getting the picture?

Yet tonight blissful dreamland eludes me. Apparently I ate the map to it with my mini-cheese at one of the the wineries (the tour was very good by the way). Still the end result of this is the same. In three hours I need to get up, go to school and welcome another year of students. Perhaps it's excitement. Perhaps it's nerves. Perhaps it's lack of confidence (I have never been able to fully shake off the feeling that others do this better than me. This is somewhat true. I'm a good teacher, but I'm not one of the greats. And it never helps that almost all the feedback I get is negative--people are much more likely to complain than say thanks). Perhaps it's lack of excercise.

But I can't sleep tonight.
No good can come of this.

1 Comments:

At 11:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meg,
Must have been one of those nights. I couldn't sleep well either. I was up until two in the morning! Argh! I haven't been taking the extra Magnesium that I've been taking for the past couple weeks. When I take it, I don't have any problems going to sleep. (Mg helps insomnia). But, I've run out, so I haven't been taking it. Silly me.
~Dana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home