Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Tuesday Blahs

I don’t really have allergies so it surprised me when I woke up this morning with a stuffy nose and painful ears. Since then my eyes have itched and after breakfast I started to feel naeuos (I think this is a result of the large amount of snot draining down my throat). So I feel kinda icky.

Past that, we finished striking set yesterday and cleaned up the shop. Technically, I don’t hve to go back there until fall. In reality, I start pulling and repairing things in two weeks. Eh, so it goes.

I don’t know what I’ll do with all my free time now that I’m not working 6:30-8:30 and grading at night. I actually went to Meijers yesterday, had time to talk to Mark and work on the yard (I’m still trying to get ivy to grow). Amy helped weed for many, many hours on Saturday so it’s kind of a big dirt patch, but it’s a nice dirt patch. I decided to replant ivy after explaining my Master Plan to David as we were looking out the kitchen window and seeing him squint and agree there was some ivy in a voice that sounded as though he didn’t actually see ivy he just believed I wasn’t lying and wanted to be supportive. We’ll see if this batch takes.

Other things I’ve been thinking about: what’s this about no rain falling before Noah? That seems a little wacko, but was part of the message on Sunday… anybody got research on this? I’m also thinking about the balance between personal faith and being a part of the institution of the church. I’ve been taking a break from the institution as I figure out the David factor (Ooooo….he makes me mushy!), but I do miss it. And I miss the people. And I’ve been making choices that leave me too busy to connect with people I love who are not family or David. Dumb me. I pray more when I’m busy busy, but I have more time in the word when things slow down. Also, I recently received the book Reading Christ, Reading Buddha. Anybody read it? I haven’t started it yet but feel I shall need to discuss it.

1 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, Blogger Al said...

Some ancient historian made this comment which is often considered the source of the no-rain idea, I believe: "Then the LORD God made the earth and the heavens- 5 and no shrub of the field had yet appeared on the earth and no plant of the field had yet sprung up, for the LORD God had not sent rain on the earth and there was no man to work the ground, but streams came up from the earth and watered the whole surface of the ground..."

The no rain depends a lot on your perspective of creation (young earth, old earth, evolutionary, etc.).

As for the book...no, I haven't read it, but I like reading, and I like discussing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home