Friday, August 12, 2005

Is it Tuesday?

As I stared at the coffeemaker this morning waiting for it to magically dispense the elixir of life (and then realized I had neglected to turn it on), I realized I really like Jelly Belly jelly beans, but my own belly has become a bit too jelly. I suppose that means it's time to diet again. Shall I return to Weight Watchers? Shall I head to Atkins again? Perhaps just cut out sugar and processed foods (that certainly would take the calories down-- I have no time to cook this week). On other notes, I had no electricity when I came home last night. Then I had some. Then I had it in odd increments most places. A tree had grown around the wires and burned out one of three carrying lines, hence I had 2/3 of the power that should have been coming in and no way to make dinner. Sigh. I didn't even have salad makings. So I did what every sensible American does when food is needed fast and there's no microwave. I called for a pizza. I'm reasonably sure the box sitting near the trash is what inspired my coffee-scrying for a diet plan this morning. It's time for the set to be set up. Pray that gets done before I leave today. I have a nasty feeling the stairs aren't going to fit right.

Current Mood: working

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home