Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Ok, let me clarify. It's not that I feel un-liked or even need to be, but I did feel invalidated today. Like I was not good enough. And truth is, as kind as it was, that was the message.

On top of that, I've unwittingly hurt a woman who has been kind to me even if she scares me a bit.

I am not at my best with people who scare me. I am not a flight-type of girl. I am a fight-type of girl. It's only by the grace of God and years of practice I can rein in my somewhat cold, cynical wit in such a situation. Heck, the smilies themselves would be hurtful enough if I let them slip.

So part of it is that I am sorry to have hurt a good woman--and I deserve the pain of guilt on that one.

The other part is that I do indeed value being self-reliant and competent more than I should. Being seen as needy or lost is rough on me. There's a name for this. Pride. Dang pride.

Certain friends have been instrumental in getting me out of that particular tree, but that doesn't mean I'm not still afraid of heights.


But thank you for liking me anyway:)

3 Comments:

At 10:01 PM, Blogger Morris said...

So in other words you are going to hell?

Mr. Morris
Ask Morris

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Me said...

Nah, just Meijer.
Might be the same place.

 
At 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know the whole story. Now i don't like you.
~Holly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home