Friday, April 01, 2005

Happy April Fool's Day

ithacaoroz
Happy April Fool's Day!
I am indeed an April fool. Then again, that applies most months. So let's see--recent events...1) The play: continues. I feel confident it'll all come together, but I've never put a up a platform this large so I'm a little apprehensive as it goes up. I have experienced help though, so all should be well. Yesterday as I was working on of my kids came up to me and apologized for not showing up most of the week. He'd been out cleaning out his dad's house. His Dad committed suicide on Saturday. We had a good talk and I gave him a job that involved a lot of banging. We had some good talk, but one of my co-workers broke in and we never got back to that level. He's in shock about the whole thing and this is going to be a rough spring break. I'll be going to the memorial service tomorrow. Please pray for him and his brother as they adjust to living without their father. Another kid I used to have in class stopped by yesterday as well-- he'd been attacked the night before on our local community college campus. Nail marks all over his neck. We live in a screwed up world. 2) Home: The flowers are coming up in my yard. I now have a variety of yellow crocus and yellow and blue mini-iris. I'm trying to decide if I need to weed the yard or if I should embrace my parents' "naturalized" look.Amy is home this weekend and it's a blessing. We went to the EL Film Festival last night and saw the 1927 Clara Bow movie "IT" with live music by the Blue Dahlia Band. It was pretty darn great. For a silent film it had great lines. My personal favorite: "I'm feeling so low I could get on stilts and walk under a daschund." Great metaphor or do I just like daschunds?3) Spritual self:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home