Friday, January 26, 2007

I've Never Had One of Those Before

So there's this guy.

This talldarkandhandsome guy.

With an offbeat sense of humor and a little bit-o-faith.

And he’s cuddly.

And he’s smart.

And he’s fun.

And his kisses make me all melty.

And he’s got a killer sense of style.

And he’s pretty much my best friend.

And sometimes we argue a little.
But neither of us likes that, so we make it right pretty quickly.

And he’s got all sorts of opinions, so I’m never mentally unchallenged or bored.
And he lives in this cool city.

And we love each other the way we are.
And we care enough to gently call each other out on our crap.

And when he says something he means it.
And when he screws up he’s honest about it.

And I can be weak with him.
And he can be weak with me.

And we laugh together often.
And we plan together for horrible things
And then they aren’t so scary.

And most of my best days are spent with him.

So when a guy like this,
this guy,
wants to set a wedding date,
what can this girl do?

June 2.
2007.
128 days.

And it can’t come soon enough.


So…um… huh. It looks like I’ve got myself a fiancée. I’ve never had one of those before. I’m liking it. I suppose I better get ready. Looks like a husband is on the way.

9 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Blogger Phoenix Rising said...

sweet girl!!! that is so cool! congratulations. we are so excited for you. cheers

 
At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome (and I know awesome)!

 
At 5:48 AM, Blogger Sally said...

Congratulations! That's great.

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Yi said...

Yay, Congratulations Meg :) I am so excited and happy for you!

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Holly said...

WHAT?! Yay, Meg!!!!!! So happy for you!

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Brandi said...

Congratulations Meg!

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Lady Lilly said...

Tee Hee! Congrats!

 
At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats.

- Al

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats Meg. We are very happy for you. Marriage rules!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home